Thursday, December 15, 2011

Jacob's Creek Shiraz + Cabernet =Proud Aussie.


This is a dryer wine than I'm used to.
You can certainly taste a the more oaky and blackberry taste making it a bit more sweeter and dry.
This little Aussie charm is a mix of 73% Shiraz and 27% Cabernet, which gives it a nice personality.

It's supposed to have a nice transition of hints: plum with then a certain pepper hint.
 Have you ever  tried some of that chocolate mixed-in with pepper?
Well, to me this wine has subtle hints of that but with a very strong dry protagonist.

I've never really taken this much time enjoying a wine and figuring out what flavors are hidden in it 'til I started writing this blog.

Figuring it out along with my readers is what I'm planning to do. Hopefully we'll all develop into an interesting community of wine tasting foodies and give each other ideas on how to learn.

Pairings I think would go great with this wine:
 -A nice soft Gouda cheese or fondue.
-A nice thin steak with soy sauce
-Pizza with italian sausage.
-A delicious saucy pasta with any kind of hearty tomato sauce.


This is a very well-priced alternative to let's say a chilean wine but it's definitely not for the newbies just starting to take a liking to wine. It might be a bit to "acid" or "dry" for some.

I wonder sometimes, how many weird scholarships are available to go and learn about wines around the world.  I just recently learned that viticulture and enology are the degrees one can attain for and education in wine making.
I probably mentioned this on my previous blog, but I would love to have my own vineyard at one point in my life and take my time creating the most interesting and unique blends of wine.
Doesn't it sound great?

No comments:

Post a Comment